ROAD racers can now submit entries for the Oliver’s Mount Barry Sheene Classic after club chiefs opened the floodgates today.
Bosses at the 243 Road Racing Association are preparing for the circuit’s comeback event, set for 27 and 28 July, and are ready to get riders on their grids.
The news comes a month after tickets went on sale and just days after the new heads of organisation finally received the keys to the circuit office, which boss Eddie Roberts said was a significant milestone.
“We finally took hold of the keys to the track at the weekend, and we’re moving in,” he revealed. “Everything is coming together as planned.
“We’ve been inundated with racers asking about entries, and we are expecting the demand to be high. We will also be announcing star riders shortly.”
Racing categories for the Barry Sheene Classic:
- Lightweight Class – 2 stroke race machines (up to 250cc 01.01.1973 – 31.12.2004)
- Junior Classic – 175cc-350cc – (2 stroke pre 31.12.1993 – 4 stroke pre 31.12.1986)
- Senior Classic – 350cc-500cc (pre 31.12.1972)
- Classic Superbike – 501cc – 1300cc (pre 31.12.1992)
Modern Sidecars & Solos
- Sidecar F2 to ACU Regulations 2019 (No long outfits or 675cc)
- Supertwin – 650cc road based water cooled twins to TT Lightweight Regulations, and stock twins 650 road based water cooled twins.
- Junior Modern 600cc – 600cc 4 cylinder 4 stroke, 675cc 3 cylinder 4 stroke, incl Superbike – 501cc – 1300cc pre 31.12.1992
Anyone who wishes to participate should contact the club by emailing Hayley Colebrook, the Entries Secretary, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the club’s website www.243racing.co.uk for further information.
Entries are set to close 28 June.