NG Road Racing cancels Brands Hatch season opener

In News, NG Road Racing

BOSSES at NG Road Racing have been forced to cancel their first round of 2018 this weekend as bad weather continues to wreak havoc on March.

The club made a decision after taking heed of warnings that snow and freezing temperatures would be striking the country yet again for the next few days.

A statement issued today reads:

The Met Office has this morning issued yellow weather warnings for both days this weekend at Brands Hatch.

They are predicting the high likelihood of disruptive snow falls across both days.

This fact along with predicted day time temperatures of just below freezing, and wind chill as low as -9 degrees C has forced us to take the decision not to run this weekend.

NG has taken the view that we have a duty of care to our members and cannot allow them to compete in such conditions.

Therefore we regretfully have to announce this weekend’s NG Road Racing Club meeting at Brands Hatch 17/18 March has been CANCELLED.

Further details of the financial implications of this decision will be made once available.

*Note: The MSVT test day scheduled for tomorrow, March 16, is still going ahead in much more favourable weather conditions.

You may also read!

Classic machines set to roar into Oulton Park

WIRRAL 100 chiefs are gearing up for a weekend of classic heaven when they rock up to Oulton Park

Read More...

ARA: The rest of the action from Round 1

MANX club racing action got off to a flying start this weekend as Andreas Racing Association riders hit Jurby

Read More...

Records set to fly at Cookstown 100 this weekend

RECORDS could well be broken if the weather plays nice as KDM Hire Cookstown 100 bosses gear up for

Read More...

Mobile Sliding Menu