Moto Time Attack called off after regulation scrap

In Moto Time Attack, News

MOTO Time Attack chiefs have revealed they’ve had to axe the 2019 event after not being able to agree terms with the ACU.

The time trial-style weekend, which has run for the past two years after making its debut in 2017, has been postponed for this season as bosses look to make plans to bring it back.

MTA organisers had been making plans to expand into a new category for motorcycle sport, but say until they can come to an agreement with the ACU as to changes they hoped to make to such areas as licencing to make it easier for new riders to get involved, they have no choice but to postpone events.

Time Attack MD Andy Barnes says he and his team are still hoping to move things forward at some point in the future, but admitted he needs the cooperation of governing bodies to bring about more MTA action.

“We are ready and able to continue to provide the motorcycle world with a brand new, credible and exciting sport,” he said. “However, our hands are tied by regulations steeped in the past not the future, which is a great shame.

“I feel great travesty that we are unable to unleash the full potential of our beautiful sport on two wheels. However, until such time as the ACU can accommodate our sport on the correct terms to ensure its success we are at a stalemate in terms of a UK event.”

*Image: Moto Time Attack

You may also read!

Ulster SBK: Armstrong lifts Norman Brown Memorial Trophy at Bishopscourt

AARON Armstrong ended Gerard Kinghan's hopes of a third straight Norman Brown Memorial Trophy after scooping victory at Bishopscourt

Read More...

Manx Grand Prix: Sunday practice axed with lack of marshals

MANX Grand Prix and Classic TT action has been called off for today with a severe lack of marshals

Read More...

No Limits: The rest of the action from Cadwell Park

NO Limits Racing riders had a mountain to climb as they descended on Cadwell this past weekend for their

Read More...

Mobile Sliding Menu