ADVERSE weather has forced race chiefs at the Isle of Man TT to call off this evening’s first practice session early.
Conditions had been playing havoc for much of the day today, but with Newcomers, Lightweights and Supersport machines due out after 6pm this evening, officials have made the decision ahead of schedule.
A statement reads:
“Following consultation with Ronaldsway Met Office, TT Clerk of the Course Gary Thompson has confirmed that this evening’s opening qualifying session at the 2019 Isle of Man TT Races fuelled by Monster Energy has been cancelled due to low lying mist across the Mountain section of the course.”
The opening sessions will now run tomorrow, May 26, as follows:
- 11.45: Mountain closes Barrule Park Ramsey to Bungalow
- 12.00: Mountain closes Bungalow to Creg Ny Baa
- 13.00: All roads closed
- 13.30: Solo Newcomers’ speed controlled lap
- 13.35: Sidecar Newcomers’ speed controlled lap
- 13.50: Start Supersport / Lightweight Practice
- 17.30: Roads open except Mountain section
- 18.30: All roads open