HORST Saiger will lead a heavy-hitting start list for this year’s blue riband RST Superbike Classic TT when action gets underway next week.
The Austrian continues under the Greenall Racing banner as he looks to finally clinch the win after victory has eluded him in the past two podium-finishing seasons.
Away at number two will be reigning Senior TT winner Dean Harrison for Silicone Engineering ahead of number three rider and recent Ulster Grand Prix winner Paul Jordan for the Mistral squad.
Michael Rutter will start at number four aboard the Team Winfield 1200 Yamaha with James Hillier, returning with the Oxford Racing Ducati/Louigi Moto team, heading down the road fifth.
After an absence 12 months ago from the Classic but following a week of non-starts at Dundrod, Michael Dunlop joins Team Classic Suzuki as he sets off sixth, with Team York Suzuki’s Gary Johnson seventh through the arch.
Kraus/PreZ Racing man Jamie Coward, Alasdair Cowan Racing’s Davo Johnson and Manxman Conor Cummins, the latter aboard a Pagett’s YZR50, complete the top 10.
Ireland’s Michael Sweeney replaces the injured Derek McGee, who was forced to pull out of the event due to injury, as Jordan’s Mistral team-mate as he sets off ahead of ACR’s recovering Craig Neve and Team York’s Sam West.
Rising star Davey Todd takes the reigns of Clive Padgett’s OW01 with Dubliner Derek Sheils and a Team Classic Suzuki duo of Phil Crowe and Danny Webb, the latter RG500-mounted, just behind.
A trio of ZXRs round out the top 20 with Steelcote Solutions’ Rob Hodson, Wilcock Consulting’s Joey Thompson and TC Racing man Julian Trummer completing the seeded riders.
1. Horst Saiger – Greenall Racing, Kawasaki ZXR750
2. Dean Harrison – Silicone Engineering, Kawasaki ZXR750
3. Paul Jordan – Mistral Racing, Kawasaki ZXR750
4. Michael Rutter – Team Winfield, Harris Yamaha FJ1200
5. James Hillier – Oxford Racing Ducati/Louigi Moto, Ducati 888
6. Michael Dunlop – Team Classic Suzuki, Suzuki XR69
7. Gary Johnson – Team York Suzuki, Suzuki XR69
8. Jamie Coward – Kraus/PreZ Racing, Kawasaki ZXR750
9. David Johnson – Robert Burns Ltd./Alasdair Cowan Racing, Kawasaki ZXR750
10. Conor Cummins – Milenco by Padgetts Motorcycles, Yamaha YZR500
11. Michael Sweeney – Mistral Racing, Kawasaki ZXR750
12. Craig Neve – Robert Burns Ltd./Alasdair Cowan Racing, Kawasaki ZXR750
13. Sam West – Team York Suzuki, Suzuki XR69
14. Davey Todd – Milenco by Padgetts Motorcycles, Yamaha OW01
15. Derek Sheils – Greenall Racing, Kawasaki ZXR750
16. Philip Crowe – Team Classic Suzuki, Suzuki XR69
17. Danny Webb – Team Classic Suzuki, Suzuki RG500
18. Rod Hodson – Steelcote Solutions Ltd, Kawasaki ZXR750
19. Joey Thompson – Wilcock Consulting, Kawasaki ZXR750
20. Julian Trummer – TC Racing/DP Coldplaning, Kawasaki ZXR750