BOSSES at Bemsee have tacked another round into their original schedule of race dates for 2019 after originally looking at going abroad.
After a few weeks of deliberation, club chiefs have announced an additional Cadwell Park round to make nine total rounds for their 110th season.
But it wasn’t without contemplating a few different tracks for 2019 as they initially considered going as far as Anglesey, Croft, Knockhill and even Croix en Ternois in France.
The new nine-round schedule (10 including the returning Sidecar Revival) includes three trips to the club’s home track at Brands Hatch, two to Cadwell, two to Snetterton and one each to Oulton and Donington Park. And with the new summer date shuffle, bosses say family holiday negotiations could be kept a bit more civil.
“With the glorious weather we had in 2018, many riders found pressure from family to go on holiday during August,
they said. “So we’ve made some changes to the 2019 schedule that allows for a period of time after Cadwell on the first weekend of August for holidays to be taken and we resume mid-September now at Snetterton.
“This is an improvement on the initial dates we published and we’ve negotiated to take an additional Cadwell round early August as well as a repeat of the successful Sidecar Revival meeting also at Cadwell in June, which will feature some Bemsee content as full Championship scoring rounds.
“The difficulties that the Silverstone circuit have had with regard to International Circuit after MotoGP have also caused us some challenges with regard to planning.
“We’ve also looked at considering other circuits that come up in conversation that the Board doesn’t feel would be attractive for a range of reasons, mainly distance. Places like Anglesey, Croft, Knockhill and indeed Croix all fall into that category.
“The availability of dates at Thruxton and Castle Combe was also investigated, but there is no availability for 2019.”
2019 Bemsee provisional dates:
- BMCRC Race School: Brands Hatch Indy Sunday 17th February, CTC Course and on-track BRA
- BMCRC Marshal Training Day: 16th February at the MSV Centre, Brands Hatch
- Round 1 – Brands Hatch Indy: 9-10 March
- Round 2 – Oulton Park: 29-30 March (Friday – Saturday)
- Round 3 – Cadwell Park: 27-28 April
- Round 4 – Donington Park National: 18-19 May
- Round 5 – Snetterton 300: 8-9 June
- Cadwell Park: Sidecar Revival 22-23 June (Will feature some Bemsee content)
- Round 6 – Brands Hatch GP: 13-14 July
- Round 7 – Cadwell Park: 3-4 August
- Round 8 – Snetterton 300: 14-15 September
- Round 9 – Brands Hatch Indy: 5-6 October
All meetings will have a BMCRC Friday Test day – Apart from Donington
CLICK HERE for Bemsee’s finalised calendar for its 2019 season and all the other dates for next year’s club action.
*Image: Mitch Ducran